On Friday, February 19, I will participate in the first Help a PR Pro Out (HAPPO), an online exercise to connect professionals seeking career opportunities with other professionals who are hiring or can provide leads, direction or insight. This is a tremend0us endeavor, and I applaud Arik Hanson and Valerie Simon for initiating this forum.
My friend Gini Dietrich is one of the HAPPO “Champions” for Chicago, and she requested that we job seekers draft a blog post. I’ve prepared my “elevator speech” before, and I attended an event and learned how to craft a “One Breath Strategy Statement.” So, I remain confident that the following will persuade many to want to hire Edward M. Bury, APR. Here are my Top 10 Reasons:
|10. B2B senior public relations professional who most recently worked with top-level real estate professionals, providing sound counsel on communications strategies.
9. I’m diverse. Career spans the agency, association and corporate arenas.
8. Introduced and managed successful marketing and public relations programs that embraced online, A/V, print and social media.
7. Managed a marketing team, developed many vendor relationships and coordinated dozens of special events and more than 50 trade shows.
6. Fearless (and successful) in pitching stories to media.
5. Tight with a dollar, especially if it’s not mine. I bring projects in on time, within budget.
4. Launched communications consultancy, Open Door Communications. Serving clients in real estate mortgage and destination management industries.
3. I’ve seen the future and harnessed it. It’s not Springsteen. It’s what keeps taking place on the monitor in front of me.
2. I’m a committed blogger, even though I’m not keen on the word. www.prdude.wordpress.com.
1. I can write persuasive, intelligent copy, articles, presentations and content. Faster and better than most.
Finally, I’ve demonstrated personal initiative by earning the Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) designation and am Marketing Group co-Chair on the board that oversees and grants Accreditation.
Okay, that’s 11. Math was not my best subject. I’m industrious and show up for work on time, too.
Edward M. Bury, APR
773-463-9811 or 773-396-9773